Wednesday, March 01, 2006

St. David's Day


Ah, it's days like these that make me feel wistful...

There's a Welsh term 'Hiraeth' that roughly translates to 'The longing and fondness that Welsh people have for their homeland'.

It's St. David's Day today, and I couldn't be further from Wales if I tried. Luckily, Gina has made this house a true shrine to Wales today with flags and cards everywhere, including outside. The neighbours look a little confused.


The morning was great with Gina and the kids giving me cards and presents in bed, and I even got a present from some friends here too (an Australian BBQ apron - a sign of the times !). The little ones made me home made cards and even went off to school with Happy St Davids Day badges.

Looking forward to tea tonight - should be dragon pie !!



1 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Gosh, I hadn't realised you were welsh.

    It's come as a bit of a surprise, I can tell you.