Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Melbourne Cup 2007!

It was Melbourne Cup day today. A "Girls only" day where friends get together for lunch and champagne and place bets on the most glamorous Australian horse race of the year.


This year Byron needed the car for a bank appointment at 1pm. So I had the very fortunate luck of getting a lift to and from my friend Annette's house, and having Mr B pick up Gareth from pre-school after the bank. All that Champagne and no need to drive. I was in seventh heaven! We did a small sweep on the horses in the race and Gareth won 3rd prize.... a whole $6!

It was a lovely day but now I am at home, the sparkly shoes are by the front door, the hat is thrown on the table and I am back to being "Mum" Dinner needs cooking and I think I know how Cinderella felt after the ball!

0 comments - click here to leave your comment: