Thursday, September 07, 2006

BREAKING NEWS........!

Yippeeeeeee!!!!!!

I am an Auntie!!!

I have been an Auntie before to Kerry, Lou, Rach and Jazzie but I managed this by marrying into the wonderful Baynham clan.

This time it is because of a new addition to the Sheeran family.
My brother Joe and his wife Rhonda had a perfect baby boy early this morning. All I know is that he was born quickly (Well done Rhonda!!!) weighs 7 lbs 7 oz and is still awaiting a name!

I got the call on my mobile in the supermarket car park trying to strap Gar into his seat while it bucketed rain down my neck. We could hear the baby crying in the background and it was so lovely I started crying too. With the rain pouring down my face I don't think anyone noticed. Gareth was mesmerised and ran into pre-school to tell them the news. He wants to buy his new cousin a car!

I want to jump in the car and drive to Sydney right now but with kids in school and 95km/hr winds and flash flood warnings I think I will have to calm down and wait till Joe + Rhonda are ready.

Watch this space for new posts about a name and hopefully a picture or two!!!!!

11.50 am UPDATE!!!!

We have a name: Cian Joseph Sheeran

For those wondering how to pronounce it, it is a mixture of Keen and Key-in.

Joseph is a strong family name going back at least 4 generations. My Grandad Sheeran was called Joe. He married a Josephine who was known as Jo and their son (My Dad) was called Joseph. In time my brother Joe was born and now his little boy will carry the family name on for another generation.

Cian is an old Irish name meaning long and enduring. In ancient Irish Mythology Cian was the son of Dian Cecht of the Tuatha De Danann. The mythical Cian was born with a caul on his head (a thin membrane that is easily removed) In medieval times the appearance of a caul on a newborn baby was seen as a sign of good luck. It was considered an omen that the child was destined for greatness. Cian was turned into a pig as a boy when struck by a druid's wand. Thereafter he could transform into a pig at will. According to a prophecy, Balor, the king of the Fomorians was to be killed by his grandson. He locked his daughter, Ethniu, in a tower made of crystal to keep her from becoming pregnant. However, Cian, with the help of the druidess Birog, managed to enter the tower. Ethlinn soon gave birth to three sons. Balor threw them into the ocean, and two either drowned or turned ito seals, but one, Lug, was saved by Birog and became the foster son of Manannan mac Lir. Cian was killed by the sons of Tuireann, Brian, Iuchar and Iucharbaa, while in the form of a pig. Lug set them a series of seemingly impossible quests as recompense. They achieved them all, but were fatally wounded in completing the last one. Despite Tuireann's pleas, Lug denied them the use of one of the items they had retrieved, a magic pigskin which healed all wounds. They died of their wounds, and Tuireann died of grief over their bodies.

0 comments - click here to leave your comment: