Thursday, April 24, 2008

It never rains but it pours.

The kids started their school holidays 2 weeks ago. Coincidentally the rain started that day and has continued for 14 consecutive days.

When I say rain, I don't mean drizzle or rain showers. I mean absolutely bucketing out of the heavens from the time we wake up until the time we go to bed at night. I'm talking our swimming pool overflowing, ducks swimming in the front garden, the lake across the road breaking its banks, our 10,000 litre water tank full to the brim, storm water drains bursting and meteorology warnings to stay inside and sleep in your inflatable dinghy.

The final straw for us was walking into our garage to find ourselves in water. Not water running in under the garage door but water literally forcing its way out of the concrete floor. No matter how much we mop up or how many cloths we throw down within an hour the puddles are back and bigger.

I hate rain. I grew up in Ireland where it was a part of everyday life. I thought moving here we would mean a life of sunshine and barbies.

Bah humbug!

0 comments - click here to leave your comment: