Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day

Why, oh why can't Mothers Day be a monthly affair?!

What a good day. The kids were so excited going to bed last night. Plastic bags rustled from behind their bedroom doors and cards were hidden in wardrobes. I was given strict instructions to stay in bed and not to go down and make the morning cup of tea.

There were crashes and bangs from the kitchen as Byron made a lovely breakfast despite help from the three kids! They all piled into the bedroom where I had to pretend to be sleeping and then woke to find a tray with croissants and a lovely cup of tea in front of me.

The kids had bought me gifts from the Mothers Day stall in school. They go in with $5 each and get to choose anything from the large selection of gifts. I had helped at the stall this year and knew all the different things that were available so I was very excited to see what they had chosen for me.

Sian chose beautiful bowls with soap, fancy face cloth and mini shampoos and conditioners. Rhiannon got me a pack of scrapbooking papers and Gareth got me soap in a tin. The girls had chosen what they thought I would most like for myself. Gareth however loves soap and it didn't take him long to unwrap the one he gave me and disappear into the bathroom where he spent the next half hour singing away and making bubbles to his hearts content!

The rest of the day passed at a slow and relaxed pace. We decided to plant my Lemon and Lime trees in the garden as they have been in pots for the last two years waiting for us to choose where to plant them. Then we decided to plant the bottlebrush trees that we had been given by the mayor for our Citizenship. The kids jumped in the spa while Byron and myself sat back with a cup of tea and admired the changes in the garden. We went out for coffee and cake in Toronto in the afternoon and then came home and vegged some more.

The kids are in bed now and I still have 2 more hours until Mothers Day ends for this year. I might just be able to get another cup of tea out of Byron if I hurry up and publish this!

0 comments - click here to leave your comment: