Friday, April 02, 2010

Good Friday

Good Friday. A day of contrast. In my faith it is a day of sadness, of sacrifice. In my heart it is also a day of happiness, of promises.

This time 15 years ago I was 21. I had met a funny, lovely man on a girly holiday in Greece 8 months before. He was from Wales. I lived in Ireland and was about to sit my final Nursing exams. He had flown over to see me for the weekend about 4 or 5 times. This was to be the last visit before my exams as I needed to knuckle down and study over the coming few weeks.

I didn't need any distractions.

I wasn't expecting a proposal.

As soon as he started to ask those words my heart started to pound. I barely waited for him to finish asking before blurting out a resounding "Yes!"

We were young. It was spontaneous. There was no ring. But the next day I told the world I was engaged. Six weeks later I sat my exams. Byron flew to Dublin and we bought the ring. The same ring that is on my hand now, 15 years, 3 kids and two countries later.

So much has changed, so much has stayed the same.

4 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. aww how sweet....♥♥♥
    ☼☼☼Congratulations☼☼☼

     
  2. A "LOVE" story ♥ ♥

    Bet its fun in your house when the Rugby is on .. ha ha ..

     
  3. It is such a sweet story and you two look so darling together. Congratulations.

     
  4. Belated Congratualtions to you both! You two look amazing together....I would say perfection at its best! :)