Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fairy Godmothers

I had the honour of being asked to be Godmother to a very special little girl this weekend. A very special little girl that I almost had the fun of delivering at home but who decided she would rather be born in the ambulance 2 minutes later! 

Instead of having the traditional Godmother and Godfather her parents decided to have two Godmothers. And so I found myself sharing the honour with another beautiful woman called Brigid. 

We have a lot in common. Both with Irish heritage, both a bit quirky and individual in the nicest possible way, and both sharing the privilege of overseeing the future of this perfect little girl. 

Buckle your seatbelt baby, It's going to be a fun ride!

6 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Lucky little girl... and what a beautiful photo.
    x

     
  2. What a beautiful photo!! Your Goddaughter has the sweetest little nose!! And what an honor for you. I remember reading your post about her birth. God bless. xoxo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

     
  3. How sweet!! She is a lucky baby girl to have two fairy godmothers!!

     
  4. This little one will be so blessed to have you as Godmother Gina xxx

     
  5. Like a fairytale...

     
  6. I love this photo. It's making me teary and smiley all at once xx