Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day 2012


Life is not always easy. 
Sometimes things happen that are beyond your control and wish as you might you can't fix them. 
This morning we woke to Valentines Day. 
My head has been like a washing machine in recent days with thoughts falling about in a jumble. 
Good things and sad things seem to be happening all at the same time and my thoughts go from one to another like a roller-coaster ride. 
Not wanting the good to stop me caring for the sad, but not wanting the sad to stop me from appreciating and enjoying the good. 
And so this year more than any other I am stopping and slowing my thoughts and remembering that it's not about chocolate or flowers or expensive perfume. 
It's about the five of us having each other. 
It's about being a strong unit and getting through whatever comes our way. 
And love and laughter helps. 
In this house we are so lucky to have an abundance of that.
Happy Valentines Day
xo 

4 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Lovely, wise words Gina.
    Take care
    x

     
  2. "the best thing to hold on to in life is each other" I love that!
    Happy Valentines Day. xx

     
  3. Love... love this!! Happy Heart Day!

     
  4. A beautiful post, straight from the heart. It brought tears into my eyes.