Saturday, December 01, 2012

First day of Advent

Each Advent we get a calendar sent from Ireland and take turns opening the windows. When the kids were younger I took daily photos of the ceremony of opening the window and sent the photos via email to Granny and Grandad for them to see. It made for a fun and easy post-a-day through the month of December. As the kids have gotten older and I find myself starting my nursing shifts before they are up and dressed the photo-a-day has fallen by the wayside. I did manage to get this photo as Gareth opened up the first window while everyone else was slapping sunscreen on and getting ready for a fun day by the lake with other families living locally. Happy Advent everyone. I hope the countdown is pleasurable and doesn't fly by too quickly...

0 comments - click here to leave your comment: