Saturday, December 29, 2012

Gareth

Both my girls have been Altar servers over the years. Gareth has watched on and whispered to me that he cannot wait to have his turn. In our church you need to have done three sacraments before you can train as an Altar server, Reconciliation, Confirmation and Communion. Gareth did all three last year and finally it was time to train up the newest recruits. He did his practises in school time and then was given a date for his first "real" turn at our parish mass. His sister helped him to get ready...



























Then he took a deep breath and walked up to the Altar under the wing of a lovely family friend, Claire, who he felt very comfortable with, and also another boy from school. 













I was so very proud as I sat there and watched him try so hard to remember all his jobs during the Mass. I tried to be very discreet taking a couple of photos on my phone. I'm sure God will allow me this little indiscretion as I really wanted to be able to share the moment with Gareth's grandparents overseas and have something to look back on when he is no longer such a little boy...

2 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Congratulations Gareth!

     
  2. Reminds me of my eldest son, when he was an Alter boy .. :-) he was sooo cute back then .. LOL LOL .. Now he is a dad of nearly 3 children, a huge Rugby player type . but still a joker :-) :-)