Friday, November 28, 2014

28:11:14 Ah, go on, go on, go on, go on....

Do you know Mrs Doyle from Father Ted? As irreverent a show as it is it makes me laugh. Every Irish Mammy has a little bit of Mrs Doyle in her. Pushing tea and sandwiches on any visitor and taking offence if it is politely declined! Recently I had a houseful of friends and young kids while the dads went to a boutique beer festival. We were a mixture of nationalities and the subject of Mrs Doyle came up. One of our friends is from Malta and had no idea what we were talking about. Me jumping around offering pretend cups of tea and saying "Go on, go on, go on, go on..." only added to the confusion on her face! We googled clips and watched them with tears in our eyes from laughing. 

Fast forward to today and one of those friends pulled up outside the house with a beautifully wrapped gift. I unwrapped it and found this inside.
My very own Mrs Doyle platter! Do you think it's a compliment...? I'm not sure? Time to go put the kettle on and have a nice cup of tea while I think about it. 

Do ya want a cup?

Ah, go on!

0 comments - click here to leave your comment: