Saturday, March 15, 2008

St Josephs Day

Our kids go to a Catholic school called St Josephs. It is a name that is very close to my families heart. My Fathers parents were called Joe and Josephine Sheeran. Dad was called Joseph and so was my brother and now his son Cian has Joseph as his middle name.

When Mum and Dad booked their trip over here we found out that St Josephs Day would be celebrated during their holiday. We went to Mass at St Josephs church that evening and Fr Tom offered the mass for my Grandad and Granny Sheeran, my Dad, my brother and my nephew. It was very emotional for us to stand there and listen to Fr Tom speak their names out during the Mass. Fr Tom also told everyone that Sian (who was Alter serving during the Mass) was Dads grandchild and praised her for doing such a good job that evening. There were more than a few tissues needed in our seat.

After Mass Rhiannon and Gareth wanted to light some candles. They both said that their candle was for Auntie Carrie in Dublin because she was missing us.

0 comments - click here to leave your comment: