Friday, July 04, 2014

04:07:14 Winter holidays in Australia, no more...

Lying flat on my back on soft white sand the Rehab corridor. Not a cloud in the sky on the ceiling. Just the sound of waves crashing on the nearby rocks patients bells ringing in the nearby rooms. Sharing the beach ward with my four favourite people in the world 22 patients. Holding my book nursing notes high above my head to shade my eyes. Reading about love letters written in the depths of Scottish winter raised temperatures and I.V. antibiotics while the Australian sun UV lights warm my arms.  

Life doesn't get much better than this!

Sigh.....
P.S.  This post makes more sense if you've read yesterday's post
P.P.S. Today's image may not be up to my normal standards of brilliance but that is because...

A: I am grumpy because my holidays are over
B: I am knackered because today was a crazy busy shift in work
C: I had to admit defeat while trying to take this as a selfie and enlist the help of a reluctant kid
D: Just because it *&%#@%^&* isn't OK?

2 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Lmao!!! Back to reality!! I've been sick in bed with strep throat for the last three days and haven't had a chance to read about your holiday. I think I'll go do that now. : ) I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!! xo

    ~ Wendy

     
  2. Ha! Holiday seems to come slowly and go FAST!! You have your memories to hold you till the next one tho!