Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mini garden transformation!

I have a small forgotten about strip of garden that is next to the back door. It isn't seen from the patio or any window so it didn't get the fancy plants the rest of the garden did. I have planted a hotch potch of plants given to me by friends over the last couple of years and although it is a bit random I love it!

Today I had coffee with Jane and she sent me home with Rosemary and Lemongrass cuttings and some weird seed pods that will grow into big Native Spiky things. She did tell me the name but I have forgotten! I felt like Jack in the beanstalk planting them when I got home. I wonder what riches I will find when I wake up in the morning?!

2 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Delighted to hear you're growing your own lemon grass, I belive it has ver soothing and healing properties when applied to sensitive areas!?Just the smell is supposed to bring back happy memories and make you feel cool and calm, do you find it has the same effect on you Gina?
    Thinking of you..Cathy

     
  2. Less cool and calm and more warm and tingly......!!!

    Trust you to remember!