Saturday, September 06, 2014

06:09:14 Healthy start

Every now and again I need to shake up my routines and try to get rid of the unhealthy ones and try harder to make good routines a natural part of my day. 

I've found myself nagging the kids to take a daily vitamin as we all seem to have on-going sore throats and sniffles. In nagging them I've realised I'm not following my own advice so this week sees a return to a healthy start every morning. A glass of water and a simple multi-vitamin. 

I know we should ideally get all our nutrients from well balanced meals and that expensive supplements may just be flushed down the toilet as expensive pee but if even only one tiny vitamin or mineral is absorbed into my body and the other 99% isn't needed then I still think it's worth it. 

What are your views on supplements? 

2 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Hi Gina,

    Sorry I've been MIA lately. I have been trying to keep up with the demands of being a wife/mom and it seems to consume me at times.

    I go through cycles of being very diligent about taking vitamins/supplements and then I go through periods like for the last several months where I haven't taken anything.

    I've been trying to lose weight, so I do think that I should be taking a vitamin.

    Blessings my friend,
    Cheryl

     
  2. Good on you. I recently bought multi-vitamins with the same intention. I took them diligently for about a week and have since forgotten they're in the pantry. Oops!