Monday, December 08, 2014

08:12:14 Candles in jam-jars

My sister pinned this idea on Pinterest and then told me to go look at it. 

Such a simple idea. Get an empty jam-jar and paint it with PVA glue and then wrap it in old lace. Sounds easy? 

I wish you could have been a fly on the wall in my kitchen as I tried to make these! The glue was everywhere, my hands were sticking to everything except the lace! It probably didn't help that I was using the dreg ends of a glue bottle that was lumpy and thick and that I had poured boiling water in to try to thin it out. Imagine me shaking the bottle only to realise that spatters of glue were going everywhere in my kitchen! 

The end result looks peaceful. A bit like me when I had walked away from the kitchen and helped myself to a large glass of port!

0 comments - click here to leave your comment: