Friday, May 02, 2008

Sports Carnival 2008

It's that time of year again. Sports Carnival. The day that should be all about the fun of taking part and having a day away from the confines of school.

The reality for me is usually about running around like a headless chicken trying to find Sian and Rhiannon in a sea of 350 kids all dressed in identical uniforms and school hats. This year I was running around after 3 kids as Gar is now in St Josephs too. It seemed like as soon as I found one kid and ran over to cheer them on I would get word that another of the kids was about to run a race and that I needed to sprint across the field in the other direction.

Enough moaning, it was a good day. The sun shone and the kids were happy. I had stopped off at the supermarket on the way and was carrying around fruit, water and sweets with me. I didn't choose my environmentally friendly bag very well. All day I was seen clutching my bright red LiquorLand bag to me as I dashed about. There were plenty of jokes about the contents! I made a BIG mistake of opening a bag of jellybeans and giving a small handful to Gar and a few of his friends. There are 50 kids in the Kindy year and very soon they had all got wind that "Gareth's Mum" had a big bag of beans that she was sharing out...! I wont be doing that again next year!

Unfortunately the camera batteries died a few minutes after turning on the camera (A regular occurrence recently despite charging them the night before) I only managed to get photos of Gareth and his friend Tommy doing the sack race. They both thought it was so much fun. They bounced their little hearts out.














As for the rest of the day, you will have to close your eyes and imagine it. I hate being without my camera. I will be straight off to the camera repair shop this weekend!

0 comments - click here to leave your comment: