Friday, May 30, 2008

Maraca music.

8pm Thursday night. Trying to get the kids to bed. Sian suddenly reminds me. "Mum, you have to make us homemade maracas for the morning" AARRGGHHH!


Not just maracas but decorated maracas if you don't mind!

And so instead of sitting down with a cup of tea I found myself washing empty water bottles, filling them with dried rice and searching through the craft cupboard for coloured paper and ribbons.....

The next day the girls went into school on the bus with their ribbons flowing from the garish yellow maracas and I promised to come into see the concert at lunch time assembly. Luckily I rang and checked the time as it wasn't until 2.15pm. I would have had a long wait if I went in at midday!

The concert was great. The kids sang their hearts out and there was a blur of colourful maracas shaking left, right and center!



At one stage Sians friend Gemma came out to the front to conduct half the choir while the teacher conducted the other half to sing the same song staggered in time to Gemma's half (I'm sure there is a word to explain what I mean but I can't think of it!)

Another big bonus to having gone in to watch this concert was the surprise of seeing Rhiannon being presented with a Principals Award at the same assembly. You can see more about that in the blog below.

0 comments - click here to leave your comment: