Monday, August 07, 2006

Byron's Birthday


Another year older then...

This last year has been a bit of a roller-coaster, and this was my first Australian Birthday. Back in the UK, my birthday was always in the middle of Summer, so I guess I'm going to have to get used to a cold birthday from now on.

It was the usual manic start to the day with the kids jumping into bed prompting me to guess what my presents were before opening them up. They laughed when after feeling each present I suggested that they may be a pair of underpants, and laughed even more when my sister actually did send me some underpants. Thanks Julie for the rather attractive, if not a little chafing, Welsh Dragon G-string. Ouch.

Mrs B did her usual sterling job of making sure I was the top-banana all day - nothing was too much for her, and she indulged my demands of a trip to Starbucks (with 6 children in tow), making lime green jelly with condensed milk (a childhood favourite), and ensuring that any party guests had to sit outside for the fish and chips dinner.

It was good to speak to family and friends on the telephone in the UK and Ireland - thanks everyone for making such a big effort especially with the difference in time zones. Thanks also to everyone for my brilliant birthday presents!



The night ended with a few too many glasses of wine and an impromptu game of truth/lies. I'm not quite sure what I ended up admitting to, but I have the feeling that there will be some wry smirks in the kitchen this morning...

1 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Happy Birthday (then).

    Have you considered becoming an underwear model?