Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Go the Waratahs!

Whoops! This entry should have been posted ages ago, but it happened around the time of our flood and I've only just managed to transfer the images from my camera.


Mr Newton had the excellent idea of taking the kids to watch the Super 14 team The Waratahs play a warm up again against the might of Fiji. Gareth and I both sport Waratahs caps and rugby tops and they rarely play in Newcastle as their home ground is Sydney.

I think the idea of "taking the kids" was a poor pretence for a few beers watching the game, but the kids (all 6 of them) did have a good time, although I feel the blokes probably got more from the night out.

I missed the first few minutes of the game by ferrying the "little people" back and forth to the toilets and queuing for their hot dogs, but the atmosphere and the warm, balmy evening coupled with several cold ones soon soothed my frustration...

The game itself was a little one sided ( 60-0 to the Waratahs ) but there was plenty of action.

At the end of the game the Waratahs players, many of whom play for Australia, walked around the pitch signing autographs and chatting. Sian, Rhiannon and Gareth all got clothing signed by the famous Wallaby prop Al Baxter, he looked massive next to Sian, he's nearly as big as me....





0 comments - click here to leave your comment: