Monday, July 06, 2009

Frost


This is our fourth Australian winter and still I am surprised when the weather gets cold. It goes against every preconception I have ever had about the warm red dusty land Down Under.

Today we woke to frost on the grass. Gum tree leaves with tiny ice crystals sparkling on them! Come back sunshine, all is forgiven!

2 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Hi Gina,
    Thanks so much for making the lovely comment on my blog(not much one but still..)
    You lucky lucky girl living in Oz. Jaysus I wish I had the balls to move over there but I am too much of a home bird.
    What do you miss most about Ireland, is it the tayto and red lemonade?? You can get Timtams(the biscuits like penguins) over here now and they are lovely with a cup of tea.
    I look forward to getting to know you through your blog.
    Thanks again for reaching out to me.
    Good luck with the not swearing, I'd be fucked!!
    Julieanne.

     
  2. I love your pictures! They are so beautiful and down to earth. However, I am SO GLAD we are in summer. I have had my fill of cold and snow. It's rather stupid, actually. I live in Utah, a state known for its four seasons. I should totally move to Hawaii. That's a climate I could live with!

    Thanks for validating my dirty child and parenting skills.