Friday, July 03, 2009

Tea from Mumbai

When my brother Joe arrived for dinner last night fresh off his flight from Mumbai disaster struck...


I ran out of tea-bags! What self respecting Irish woman cannot offer her guests a nice warm cup of tea when they walk in the door?

Nothing phases Joe. He has a laid back smile and doesn't sweat the small stuff. Irritating sometimes, admirable others. Last night in true Joe style he just smiled and reached into his bag and pulled out... a present from Mumbai: A wooden chest of Organic Darjeeling Black tea! I could have kissed him, in fact I did!


Cup of tea anyone?

2 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Hi Gina,

    I love your blog! Just popped over to visit and have a drool over those gorgeous brownies. I lived in Australia (Perth then St Kilda in Melbourne) for a year as a child and loved it. We keep talking about moving over there - did you emigrate from the UK?

     
  2. Gina, Thanks for being friendly and stopping by my blog! It's a pleasure to "meet" you. I love what I'm reading so far...I LOVE all things chocolate and orange flavored, so I am going to have to try your brownies. And I LOVE that you are living away from your "homeland", just like we are! Australia and Ireland are two places I'd LOVE to visit. My husband is actually a very proud Scot by ancestry (and I have some mixed in there, too) and Ireland and Scotland are both on our "dream trip" itinerary. Your family looks absolutely lovely and I look forward to checking in on you from time to time, and hope you'll do the same. Cheers!