Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bookweek 2011

Each year the kids school celebrates "Bookweek"

The students get to dress up as a favourite character from a book and lots of fun activities take place. Parents and friends are invited into the class rooms to read to the kids and there is a character parade in the new school hall.

I love getting the opportunity to be involved  in the school and am so grateful when events happen on a day I am not working in the hospital. I missed out last year and had to be content with photos sent on to me by friends. This year I hit jackpot and enjoyed every minute of it.

Rhiannon was Esmeralda from "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"
Gareth was Dan Kelly, an Australian Bushranger and brother to the infamous Ned Kelly who is seen here next to him. When asked what book they are from Gareth replied "Any book on Australian History"

Both are being protected by a friendly Storm Trooper. You never can be too careful!

2 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. My children did the same thing their fourth grade year! I love that the whole school joins in! Oh the love of reading....

     
  2. The stress of book week is so worth the rewards when you see them all have so much fun dressing up. So glad that you could be a part of it this year. They all look great. x