Thursday, August 04, 2011

Old Ducks Book Club.

I read a great book recently called "The Help"and loved it so much I wrote a blog post on it. I passed the book from friend to friend and it triggered a conversation. We should set up a book club!

As I played with the kids at the park my friends chatted at the picnic table. Behind me there was a lake and on it some ducks. The name of this yet-to-begin club was decided. "The Old Ducks"

My friends sniggered as they told me. They suggested the name was inspired not so much by the feather friends but in relation to me... Hmmm. I shall let that one go for now!
We met this week at the Jo's house. It had been her birthday a few days before so I brought a cake and Monica brought flowers. Jo supplied the old duck! 

Jo hadn't finished the book so we didn't really get into the real nitty gritty of discussing it as we would have spoiled it for her. Instead we drank tea and talked and laughed and put the world to rights. We decided on the date of next months "Old Ducks" gathering. By then Jo should have finished "The Help"and maybe we can actually pretend to be a real Book Club!

3 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Just finished a few good books you might like to share with the Old Ducks! One is The Kitchen House and The Forgotten Garden! Loved The Help and hope the movie does not disappoint, but we all know the book is always better than the movie!!

     
  2. Sounds like fun...I believe I have found some like minded folks and we have talked about forming a small photography club from work. Wonderful how things like this work out isn't it? :)

     
  3. Simons mum is in a book club she loves it