Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cookie in a jar

I thought you might like to see one of the gifts I brought to my sister-in-laws Kitchen Tea. It was an idea I found on-line called cookie-in-a-jar. I can't find the original link now but click here for another with a similar idea.

I bought a new glass storage jar and after giving it a good rinse I measured out the ingredients for choc-chip pecan cookies and layered them into the jar and added the recipe ingredients and instructions on a tag tied to the catch.

I thought it was a fun idea and could potentially be something we do for the teachers as we get to the end of the Australian school year in a few weeks time.

4 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. As a teacher, I have received many "sweet" gifts!! Love your little idea! Here's another, a teachers end of school year gift idea, my favorite... a tall glass ice cream cup with a bottle of sprinkles and an ice cream scoop.. the note/tag says

    Here's the SCOOP~ your the BEST! Thanks for a wonderful school year!

     
  2. Gina I love the idea of these gifts in a jar...the kids and I plan on doing a few as gifts for this xmas.

    x

     
  3. These are absolutely wonderful to give as gifts!! You can make them for almost any kind dessert. I love the tag that you added!! xoxo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

     
  4. That's a great idea to take to a kitchen tea and I like that idea for teachers too. I'm thinking of putting together a craft jar for the big girl's teacher, I'm off to spotlight tomorrow to fill it up. Your tag looks great, I love the stamp. xo