Sunday, December 11, 2011

Adventures from abroad.

Our hospital has had some International Nurses working with us over recent weeks. They are doing a course to assess them for Registration in this country. It is almost time for them to get on a plane to Melbourne for the next part of their assessment.

I have had the pleasure of getting to know one of these Nurses in particular. On her first week in this area I was asked to give her a lift to our local church for Mass as she has no car. Through meeting up outside of the hospital I have enjoyed hearing all about her family back in India. I always love the opportunity to hear stories of other cultures. It is fascinating to hear the similarities and the differences. I hope she has enjoyed seeing us and how we live and that she will bring away with her many stories to share with her family on her return.

To wish our friends goodbye we met in Blackbutt Reserve this morning for a breakfast BBQ. It was a glorious day, blue skies and sunscreen. We ate, talked and walked around the park and saw the animals before going our separate ways. It is a wonderful thing to meet people from outside of this country. It makes me stop and look at where I live with new eyes. I get butterflies in my tummy to think that this is our home and makes me appreciate the opportunities we are living every day.
Safe travel everyone and good luck in your next step of your adventure!

3 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. I hope that my daughter, the nurse to be, will come and have this same experience. What an eye opener for a young person!

     
  2. Gina... you are the perfect hostess~ even in this sense! Hope you are ready for the big holiday!!

     
  3. That's one of the things that I love about this country - the fact that there are so many cultures to learn about. It sounds like you are making the most of it too Gina.
    x