Friday, May 02, 2014

02:05:14 What a Walk!

I love using my FitBit to monitor how active I am being. It is good to have a way of seeing that I am reaching my minimum 10,000 steps each day and I love the competition between myself and Byron and other friends of ours that use the same brand of devices. 

This week we had a once-in-a-blue-moon day together while the kids were in school. We decided to do a big walk that has always appealed to us but the kids would probably find too long. The weather forecast was for showers so we planned the route with the option of taking shelter in a coffee shop if the skies opened up too much. Luckily the dark clouds that whipped across the sky never seemed to be raining on the exact path we were walking so although we did a coffee stop it was only so we could refuel before continuing onwards. 

My legs were just about ready to drop off as I got into bed that night. I don't think my daily summary has ever looked so impressive so I'm posting it here knowing it will be a very long time before I have a day like this again!

1 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Whoa!

    So did you do the 10,000 steps per day as an average over the week and just rest for a couple of days afterwards?