Thursday, May 29, 2014

29:05:14 Sky

The Sky above John Hunter Hospital today was blue and layered with the most unusual clouds. Like a soft bedspread thrown haphazardly it made me stare upwards as I walked towards the main entrance. The low drone of the Westpac helicopter approaching broke the silence of my thoughts and I found myself changing my focus from serene beauty above to the reality of my surroundings. Another life changed. Another family facing phone calls they never wished to hear. The very best of medical care awaits just a few minutes away for that unknown person descending onto the helipad.  I hope their eyes will see the blue sky above them as they feel the rush of the gurney racing them to the amazing team of professionals inside the doors of the Emergency department. I hope they will be ok. I hope they will get to walk once more under the blue expanse and feel the sun warm on their skin. That they will get to do the things I so nearly take for granted every day. 

Begin doing what you want to do now. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand, and melting like a snowflake. ~Marie Ray

0 comments - click here to leave your comment: