Thursday, June 22, 2006

Our 10th Wedding Anniversary


Yesterday was our 10th wedding anniversary.

It is amazing to think we have been married so long. From one perspective the time has flown, I don't know where the years have gone. From another perspective it is all I have ever known. We met in Rhodes when I was 20 and so I really have spent all of my adult life with Mr B.

We decided to mark the occasion with some retail therapy!
There is a list of anniversaries and what gifts should traditionally be given for them. When I looked up this "Traditional" list the gift was tin??? TIN??? No chance!
I kept on searching and luckily there is also a "Modern" list and it says that on the 10th anniversary the gift should be diamond!!! Unluckily for Mr B I consider myself to be a modern girl! I choose a really beautiful pair of diamond earrings and Byron got a fantastic Tag Heuer watch.

We exchanged presents in the morning. The kids piled into our bed and helped to open all the lovely cards and gave us a few home-made ones of their own. Byron has been pretty busy in work recently so we had a pretty normal day with Byron making a quick appearance into the kitchen at lunch time.
Anne and Kel offered to baby sit so we made a restaurant booking for 7.30pm at Awaba House. We actually went out an hour earlier than that so that we could have a glass of champagne on our way to the Restaurant. We had a fantastic meal. It was fun to sit back and re-live all the memories of our wedding day and talk about all our hopes and dreams for the future. Here's to all the happiness of the last ten years and all the happiness yet to come.
As my Dad always says.... "Go mbeire muid beo ar an am seo ari­s agus go mberrimis beo ag and tam seo deit mbliana o thoin"

1 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the feast of your love with us.
    You look beautifully happy!