Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sydney Good Food and Wine Show

I had a brilliant time at the show this weekend. Most of the fun was spending time with Jane, Maree, Claire and Di.

Maree's car pulled up outside just after 8am and as I got in I was handed a take-away Cappuccino and a banana friand! Now that's what I call service!

We arrived in Sydney just after 10am, parked, ran to the loo (Coffee, long journeys and bladder control, not a good combination!) then went in to the show. It was a huge exhibition hall packed with stall after stall of wine tasting booths and food samples.

Lots of the foods were spicy and many companies were offering their products at well below retail to get you to try them. I bought a bag full of Thai curry bases and an Indian bag with poppadoms, naan breads and spicy marinades. I tasted the nicest cappuccino drink with Irish Cream flavouring, yum! I cant even begin to describe the Turkish Delight stall..... Lets just say after tasting some very unusual flavours I brought the kids back a box of traditional rose flavour with roast almonds chopped in too! Heaven!





















By the end of the day my feet were throbbing and my rucksack was stuffed. Just as it would have been sensible to head for the car Jane suggested hitting the local shops... Mad woman! We spent an hour wandering in and out of various clothes shops before collapsing in a cafe for a sandwich and a coffee before the two hour drive home.

If I thought the service on the journey down was exceptional wait till you here what we were handed on the way home... individual little bottles of chilled champagne and bags of nuts! Maree Newton you are one classy lady! Can we go in your car again next year!

0 comments - click here to leave your comment: