Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wedding Anniversary, 12 years on and still going strong!

Today is our 12th wedding anniversary. Wow, just the number makes me feel old!

It doesn't seem that long ago to me so maybe it's true, time flies when you're having fun.

I think that just about sums up Mr B and myself.

He doesn't often burst through the door with a rose between his teeth and a string quartet, serenading with a heartfelt love song.

I don't often put the kids to bed early in a spotlessly clean house, run a bath with sensual oils, scatter a path of rose petals through the house and lie waiting for him in a room bathed in candlelight.....

Instead I creep down the stairs before 7 most mornings and bring him up a cup of tea in bed and in return he gets the kids breakfast and empties the dishwasher while I get dressed and make the beds.

On top of this domestic normality we make each other laugh. Usually over small silly things that wouldn't make sense to anyone else. Nothing makes me happier than seeing Mr B laugh so hard that he has tears running down his face and can't catch his breath!


Even on our wedding day his humour shined through. The church service was over. We stood on the steps for the wedding photos. The photographer called out "How about a kiss?" I turned to Byron but he turned to his best man Gareth instead!


If I could have one wish it would be that whatever the future brings we still make each other laugh and do the small everyday things for each other that mean so much more than expensive flowers.

(but oh how nice it is to get flowers occasionally, isn't it girls!)

1 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. who's the cutie on the left doll?