Monday, March 03, 2014

03:03:14 Babysitting

Today was spent with my favourite 2 year old, my beautiful God-daughter and her sister. 

We baked and iced cup-cakes and made a Cafe sign for the front door ready for Mum's return. Then we played with my old doll and wrapped her in a rainbow blanket and sat reading Mr Men books together. The excitement when we heard mum's car pull in to the driveway was jump-up-and-down-on-your-tip-toes! We had laid the table with the poshest cups and saucers and arranged our sticky sprinkled cup-cakes on a three tiered plate. We sat and had afternoon tea together with the two little ones having iced water in their tea-cups to play along. 

A beautiful day. These are the days that I will look back on when I am old and grey. The days that housework waited in the background and fun and mess making took priority. The days that make life rich and my heart sing.

1 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. And these are the memories the children will hold in their hearts xx