Saturday, March 15, 2014

15:03:14 Australian experience.














Today we packed a lot in! We started with a breakfast of rock-melon, water-melon, bircher and nutella spread croissants. Then we packed up a picnic and went to Blackbutt Reserve to see the Koalas and Kangaroos. We fed the Emus and saw some blue tongue lizards and some beautiful peacocks.

After our picnic lunch we drove to Dixon beach and the girls were excited to swim. The waves were big and I squealed like a baby as I tried to go deeper and deeper. Those waves were cold! There is a particular photo I contemplated sharing with you as today's image but it wasn't the most flattering of me even though everyone else is laughing their heads off. Maybe a future blog post...

Luckily there was one beautiful photo of the girls on the beach that won hands down as the best photo of the day! I made sure the girls were happy with me sharing it with you. This is a photo that sums up the fun and the excitement of the day. Blue skies, warm golden sand and big smiles. We will sleep well tonight!

4 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Such a wonderful photo!! The girls look so happy to be in Australia!! It's so crazy to see that it's almost midnight and you're probably sleeping right now and I'm just starting with my morning coffee!! Sweet dreams!! : )

    xo

     
  2. Fabulous day and Fabulous photos , lots of fun for all, Oh it must be wonderful to have sun and sea and . xx

     
  3. They both look like they are having a wonderful time with you. Having exchange students sounds like an amazing experience for both you and them. I hope you enjoyed your Sunday too:)

     
  4. My kids were in at Merewether yesterday, I just paddled for a change. One of these days we'll bump into each other!