Monday, March 17, 2014

17:03:14 St Patrick's Day

I don't often let myself get on the other side of the camera. I love when fellow bloggers put images of themselves up. It helps to put a face to the words that they write. So here is a photo of me today. Celebrating St Patrick's Day with a dinner of Beef and Guinness casserole, seasoned mashed potato and green peas with a pastry shamrock on top (and a couple of baby shamrock pastries from the off cuts) I'm wearing a daft "Irish Princess" crown given to me by my friend Julie, little emerald earrings given to me by my in-laws and the Irish rugby top I bought when I was home a year ago. 

I've always said it's the little things that make us laugh, that make an average life into a brilliant one. Whatever little thing it was that had me laughing is lost in the muddle of laughter that rang around the table as we ate together, Welsh, English, Irish, Australian and Japanese. A mixture of cultures and personalities all come together to celebrate everything green. 

Happy St Patrick's Day to you all.

This mad Irishwoman is off to bed!

3 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. "Little things that make us laugh, make an average life into a brilliant one". Love that Gina! ��

     
  2. Such a beautiful gathering of different cultures!! It looks like you had loads of fun!!! Happy belated to you!!! xo

    ~ Wendy

     
  3. Great to see a picture of you! You are so photogenic and so full of joy.