Sunday, March 23, 2014

23:03:14 Returning.

Do you remember my list of... 

40 things you may not already know about me...

Well number 30 was one of the things that many people wanted to know more about. 
I said that I had had the first edition of a novel dedicated to me. I wrote more about it here...

I am really excited to share that not only was I the lucky recipient of one of the first plain cover bound editions of the book but since then the book has actually been published for general public sale with glossy gorgeous proper cover art. I'm so proud of my friend. She is a member of our small Old Ducks book club and at our last meeting we knew she would be bringing a box of the first commercial copies of the book. I wanted to show her how excited we were and all I could think of doing was making cupcakes, but not just plain ones, they had little cake toppers with a part of the books front cover printed on them! 
It was so much fun sharing her excitement. She was like a glass of champagne that fizzes up and overflows. Her face was literally sparkling with animation as she filled us in on the exciting journey of seeing her book go from rough draft to finished product.

She has a proper website with information about the book and ways you can buy your own copy. I'd love to write a proper blog post in the near future when I have all the correct links to share with you. I even think there may be an official book launch at our local library and of course if you are living in the area I would so love to encourage you to come join us celebrate the success of someone who has worked so hard to follow her dreams!

Watch this space...

1 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. You are so lovely. The cupcakes looked and tasted amazing. It was so thoughtful of you. Thank you xx