Friday, February 12, 2010

Butterfly surprise

I was on a beautiful blog recently called Skip to my Lou  and saw this really simple and easy Valentines lolly-pop butterfly. 


It seemed like such a simple and fun thing to do so I bookmarked it to come back to later. Rhiannon had a bad week at school last week and having rocked her to sleep after many tears were cried I decided to make her one and write a message on the back to cheer her up. We hid it outside her bedroom door for her to find when she woke up the next morning. It started her day with a smile and so now that we are approaching Valentines weekend she decided she would like to make one for her teacher. 


It literally took 5 minutes last night. It would be a really cheap and easy craft if you have little kids in your life...



4 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Very cute. Thanks for sharing .I am thinking St. Patrick's butterflies :)

     
  2. aww iLuv it! thanks for sharing...♥

    ☼¨`*•.♥Happy Valentine's Day♥.•*¨`☼

    ....♥xoxo

     
  3. Awww, so sorry to hear Rhiannon had a bad week...and with tears no less. I have discovered there is nothing harder, or more precious, than comforting my daughter's tears. What a thoughtful mom to leave the treat for her to brighten her day! :)

     
  4. Oh, these are so sweet. Sorry your baby girl had a rough week. I can relate girl although every day seems to get a bit better. Thanks for cute idea, my kiddos are all about craft projects!