Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Operation Beautiful.

Today is the launch day of a very special book.



It is written by Caitlin Boyle and is called "Operation Beautiful" It is the story of how she changed they way we think about ourselves one post-it at a time. The concept is for women to write uplifting and positive messages and leave them for random strangers to find. You can read more about it on her website.

Why am I so excited?

Because the book is made up of 100 images and stories of women and girls around the world who have followed Caitlin's example and written their own notes and been featured on her website.

Have you guessed yet?

Someone I know had her story chosen.
Someone very special.
Someone who is 12.
And creative.
And beautiful.
And my daughter!

Yes! Caitlin emailed Sian and told her that she is in the book. You can see the blog entry Sian wrote when she submitted her story here.

We have pre-ordered a copy and will have to wait until we get it to actually see it for ourselves. I am so excited and won't really believe it until we actually hold it in our hand...

11 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Wow, that is very exciting! Congratulations! Your daughter did an excellent job. What a beautiful photo collage of her on the linked post.

     
  2. I remember it well!! I took part too, leaving little notes here and there! Here's one for Sian

    ~YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL~

    Congrats!

     
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.  
  4. How amazing :-) and wonderful for your daughter to feature in this brilliant book .. Well done to Caitlin ♥

     
  5. That is very exciting! What a creative idea, and your daughter must be thrilled.

     
  6. Oh. Em. Gee. Exciting! And what an awesome thing. I can't believe I didn't know about this. I wonder if the person who left the note in the writing book I found (which said "You are a writer") was a part of this.

    Lovely. Lovely. I have goosebumps!

     
  7. What wonderful news! Can't wait until you get to see it for real!

     
  8. Congratulations Sian on being included in the "Operation Beautiful" book. We look forward to reading what sounds like a really inspiring book and especially look forward to reading your contribution.

    Love the Scanlon family

     
  9. That is so exciting! Operation Beautiful is a great initiative and congrats to your daughter for her story being chosen :)

     
  10. I'm late to the game and wondering if you have received the book as of yet? I remember when you said she had been selected ~ I loved what she had done for Operation Beautiful and so glad she was chosen!

     
  11. Oh how exciting! I've been following that website since you & Sian first mentioned it (and need to write and place my own notes someplace, still). I can't wait to check out the book now that it's out, and will be looking for Sian's contribution! Congratulations Sian!