Sunday, August 08, 2010

Sushi lessons.

Today instead of providing our Japanese guests with food we provided them with ingredients! We asked them to make sushi with us to see if they could improve how we have tried to in the past! My kids told the girls all about my first attempt to make sushi which is now referred to as "Slushi" because it fell apart!

What amazed me was the differences in how both the girls made theirs. They both laughed at me putting carrot in mine. They had never seen that before. Mana used a candle to scorch her nori seaweed sheet but Akari had  never done this.




In the end we had made a box of Sushi for each of us to bring on a picnic. We wrote our names in English and the girls wrote the Japanese equivalent on too!



3 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. So fun! I would have loved to get some good sushi making lessons!

     
  2. What a great experience! We eat sushi weekly, and I would love to learn how to make it.

     
  3. This is such a cool experience! I've never had sushi before...I think I'm missing out!

    One of my roommates in college (my last two years were spent in a three-bedroom townhouse on campus) was from Vietnam, and she tried to teach us to make spring rolls. Mine just kept falling apart, and her's were so beautiful (and delicious!)