Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sian's Coconut Cupcakes.

Sian is crazy about all things Coconut. When this recipe appeared in a Donna Hay magazine she cut it out and stuck it in my recipe folder. Today she made them almost entirely on her own, including piping the yummy white chocolate icing!


















Here is the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
Muffins
185g Butter
3/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3 Eggs
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
1 cup Flaked Coconut
1 cup Shredded Coconut
Icing
200g White Chocolate
1 1/2 cups Cream
140g  Butter
METHOD:
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees
2. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy
3. Add the eggs and beat well
4. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture, pour in the coconut and stir
5. Line 12 x 1/2  cup capacity muffin tins with muffin cases
6. Spoon mixture and bake for 35 minutes or until cooked
7. To make the icing, place the chocolate, cream and butter into a saucepan and stir until smooth
8. Cool and then beat the icing until fluffy
9. Ice the cupcakes and top with a sprinkle of toasted coconut
10. Enjoy!

10 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Wow, very impressive Sian!

     
  2. I had coconut stuffed french toast yesterday! It was delicious! I write a blog entry about it. I loved it.
    Thanks for the recipe.

     
  3. Beautiful....and now I'm hungry for cupcakes. :)

     
  4. What a good girl! Those look fabulous!

     
  5. Wow they look delish, I am definitely going to make these. Thank you.

     
  6. Probably my favorite treat, the cupcake. Who could resist such a perfect little piece of heaven?

     
  7. Gina, I made these buns and they are AMAZING. The icing was to die for. Well done Sian, you are brilliant, thank you so much. My kids thank you too, they loved them x

     
  8. Oh wow...these look decadent! Thank you for sharing the recipe, this is getting printed out and put in my must-try folder!

     
  9. It looks delicious!
    Please send it to Japan!

    I'll try to make it!
    Oops! I don't have an oven!!

     
  10. Oooh, yummy! I'm just discovering that I actually do - after a billion years of thinking I don't - like dried coconut. I cannot wait to try this!

    And that picture - out of this world, Gina. Love it!