Thursday, February 13, 2014

13:02:14 The Time Traveler's Wife

This months Old Ducks book club read is "The Time Travelers Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger.

It's a big book with lots of pages. That makes me sound like a kid complaining about my homework! I'm just struggling to work my way through it in the few small snatches of opportunity I get in amongst getting the kids to and from school/activities/their work/my work/cooking/cleaning/breathing...

It needs to be read by Thursday. One week from today. I have brought the book to work with me and have gone to sit in my car at lunchtime determined to get another chapter into me. I bumped into Jo who is my friend who host us "Old Ducks" each month. I told her how I was only a quarter of my way through the book. If I'm honest I was hoping Jo might say she was not finished yet either. Her response just about summed up us old ducks and how seriously we take our literary responsibilities...

"Don't stress Gina I haven't even started yet. I saw the movie and thought that would be enough..."

2 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Don't stress! This is a wonderful book that is really hard to put down! It will be done in no time!

     
  2. Don't stress, it's not as if the book ever gets spoken about anyway!