Tuesday, June 17, 2014

17:06:14 To Study or not to Study? That is the question...

Do you recall my mix up with this month Old Ducks Bookclub reservation? We were to read the book "To Kill A Mockingbird"  but I accidentally reserved a study guide and had to return to borrow the original book. I did keep the study guide and read through it after I had finished the book. I mentioned my mix up to one of the Old Ducks. Well, imagine my shock when a group email went out to the members of Bookclub...

"I have it on good authority that a member of Old Ducks "accidentally borrowed" the Study Guide for "To Kill Mockingbird" from Toronto Library.  

Someone might be sounding very clever on the plot, themes etc at our next gathering..........

I felt that my intentions had been slightly misconstrued. I decided to get my own back on the funny Old Duck by super-imposing her face over a picture of me reading my guide! The suggestion was to imply that she was the one who had read it not me. Having my work name badge on may have slightly given away the true identity of the reader but it got a good laugh from my fellow ducks!!!

1 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. There will no doubt be some interesting discussions on Thursday!