Wednesday, June 25, 2014

25:06:14 Oven Fixer-up-er

I sometimes have days when I consider alternative careers. 

If I had to choose again what would it be? 

We have had a spate of things breaking in the house. The tumble-dryer, microwave and oven to name but a few. We are seeing how long we can live without the tumble dryer (18 months and counting) The microwave got replaced in the Sales. The oven.... I considered the idea of chucking it and replacing with whizz bang fancy until I realised just how whizz bang fancy the price tags were! I wasn't about to spend a small mortgage so I turned to my dear friend Mr Google. All it took was a bit of research and I had the tool box out dismantling the oven. I removed the element, searched eBay for a replacement part and waited patiently for it to arrive. When it did there was the small issue of the holes not quite lining up with the ones on the oven. That's what drills are for! 

So to summarise, Pinterest told me how to clean my oven overnight with Ammonia and a bowl of detergent, Google helped me find what the problem was and eBay provided the spare part. All for under $100!

This oven-fixer-up-er job is remarkably easy. I'm tempted to trade in my Nurses badge for a tool-belt!

1 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Clever lady :-)