Monday, June 23, 2014

23:06:14 Broken hearted

Today was fun. I was babysitting for my friend's two gorgeous little girls. Normally when they come to play at my house their big sister is in school and misses out on the fun. Not today! Today we knew that she would be joining us after school so spent the afternoon baking a special cake. It was a recipe from my Mum for "Kerry Apple Tart" which is like a cake but with big chunks of apple in it and lots of extra sugar sprinkled on top for crunch, YUM! 

My cute little kitchen helpers chose a heart shaped tin and we waited for their big sister to arrive so we could serve it warm from the oven. The noise level in the kitchen was unbelievable. There were shrieks and giggles and silliness galore. I fully intended to get an arty shot of the cake before we scoffed it but forgot in the chaos. Luckily my friend had grabbed a photo at the height of the giggles as one of her girls declared in dramatic voice that  "My heart is broken" That gave us all another round of giggles before the cake was finally cut up smaller and then shared out and eaten. 

The noise got louder as first Gareth and then my girls came in the door off their school buses. Finally Byron walked in on the very end of their visit, probably the stage where the messiness and noise was at its peak and not a bit of tidying up had happened. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights as he walked into a house of crumbs and sugar rushed kids. 

Yes, these are the days that make my heart full of love but my brain realise why we stopped at three children!

1 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Fun, fun, fun!
    Noise, noise, noise!