Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day 2010

Mothers Day was a day of fun and excitement. Breakfast in bed. Kids fighting for space in bed with us as they handed me their gifts they bought at the school Mothers Day stall. Each one knowing that they had chosen me the very very best thing I could ever have wished for.

I think that Mothers Day is all about the kids giving you their handmade cards and the decorated poems that their teachers have laminated for them but I also think that Mothers and Fathers days are a lovely opportunity to tell your other half that they are doing a great job and that you made a good choice. Mr B spoiled me rotten and I thoroughly enjoyed watching him run around cooking, cleaning and generally running the house for the day!

I know not every family is lucky enough to have both parents under one roof. I'm forever grateful that we are lucky enough to be enjoying this adventure together. I'm not a perfect Mum but to be honest I don't think my kids care. I'm the only Mum they have ever known and so in their eyes I'm the best in the world.

What more could any Mum want!

5 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Oh girl, I loved your comment about our kids not really care if we were "the perfect" Mom or not. We are their Mom and the best in their eyes. So true and I need to remember to chill and enjoy! So glad you had a great day. xo,Gina

     
  2. We are perfect in their eyes for sure!! Enjoy them Gina, they grow so fast and little treasures like this one get put into a box... a box full of lovely memories of their youth!

     
  3. Beautiful post!

     
  4. Lovely post. Your day sounded splendid! I bet it was nice to be spoiled by hubby for the day. I have all kinds of little treasures the girls use to make when they were little...the best gifts ever! :)

     
  5. Oh, lovely! What a beautiful post! Happy (belated) Mother's Day to you!