Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lexia Completed!

Well Done Rhiannon!

Today she did the final unit of her Lexia program! Over the last few months she has put in many hours on the computer trying to improve her English grammar and spelling. Her teacher has said already that she has seen an improvement in her class work which is really good to hear.

Rhiannon talks about an urban myth, a girl in school who once upon a time asked for nothing more for her birthday than a can of spray cream from the chilled section of the supermarket. And upon getting this can of spray cream she proceeded to eat it all by spraying it into her mouth.... Ever since Rhiannon told me this story she has asked if she could do this. Either for a birthday or Christmas. The answer has always been "Don't be daft"

A few weeks ago when Rhiannon was finding Lexia very hard and her spirits were down she asked again "If I reach the very end of Lexia then can I have a can of spray cream?" Willing to do anything to get her to stick with the program I agreed. The can was bought and sat on the highest shelf of the fridge. Many times someone tried to take it down to use it on hot chocolate or dessert but each time the were told off and it was returned to wait for the special day which was... TODAY!

I cannot put into words her excitement. I hope the following photos will do it justice!

7 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. I love this girl!! So fun! Also try taking a dish towel and squirting some cream in the middle... let the middle sack down as you hold both and of towel .... then "snap" it open and watch the cream fly...then catch it in your mouth!! Outside only please!! Crazy thing my kids did with a babysitter!! Did you finish the can off Rhiannon?

     
  2. Both ENDS of towel...oops. It's the computor, I swear!

     
  3. Oh and Gina... there's nothing DAFT about it!

     
  4. Yes, the can is now empty!
    But now that Rhiannon has read your comments there is a glint in her eye and she is dreaming of what to do with the next can...!

     
  5. Mmmm....I remember eating whipped cream out the the can! We had a few whipped cream fights (outside) that always resulted in a tasty ending!

     
  6. When my daughters were younger I would buy a can and let them squirt it in their mouths. Times were tough after my divorce and I figured if they got a lot of enjoyment out of a can of cream that didn't cost a lot, I would let them. I'm glad you let her have her moment! :)

     
  7. oh Gina i hope it wasn't my girls that told her this as they showed her one day when she was at my place what can i say i try to bring them up the best i can sometimes it just goes astray