Friday, July 16, 2010

Do you see what I see...?














While on holidays we went to see a Koala Hospital where sick and injured Koalas are kept for anything from a few days to permanently. It was a very natural bush environment and you had to look closely to actually see the Koalas balanced precariously on the high branches...














We found out all sorts of weird and wonderful facts. Like how they have very thick pads of fat on their behinds. After seeing the branches they balance on for hours at a time I can see why they need it!








Eventually they coax them down for some milk from a syringe. They look very cute and cuddly but we were warned to be careful of their claws which are designed to cling on the branches but can accidentally curl around an unsuspecting collar bone.

Ouch!

6 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Those shots are adorable! But I have to admit, when I saw the first picture, I thought maybe you were going to say you found him in your back yard or something, lol!

     
  2. I think I'm part Koala. I have very thick pads of fat on my behind!

    Yes, telling me I'm fabulous, witty and gorgeous helps!

    Looking forward to seeing more post on your blog!

     
  3. I saw a dead deer on the side of the road. Is that the same thing?

     
  4. Thank you so much for reaching out to me during this time. Your prayers and support is like music to my ears!

    May God bless you always.

     
  5. How sweet are they? Their claws do look dangerous!!

     
  6. Awwwww.... so sweet! Thank you for sharing the koalas with us.