Saturday, October 24, 2009

Catalina Festival: Old US Army cars

We went to a fantastic festival today. It was at Rathmines park, our local park only 5 minutes from our house. Normal a quiet park with a small kids play area, this weekend it was transformed for the Catalina Festival. There was an old RAF base in Rathmines during World War II and an annual festival celebrates the history of the area along with an assortment of fun stalls and fairground rides.

I was glad I had recharged the camera batteries because I had the "twitch" as my friends have called it! I was taking photos left right and center. Here is a collage of the old US cars and army trucks. I have lots more photos of the general day which I hope to post later. I hope you are having a relaxing weekend!


5 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. that's awesome...I love seeing old military vehicles, planes, etc. It's so much fun!

     
  2. I've been to this a couple of times now. Its fascinating the old vehicles. I have also heard that the Rathmines Bowling Club has nice food too these days LOL.

     
  3. Sounds like a fun day....I love checking out old cars and fairground rides.

     
  4. Wow!! That old military car is amazing!! Thanks for sharing the pics with us. :)

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

     
  5. That looks so cool! Love the new blog layout looks great and the photo header is lovely! Nice!