Friday, October 23, 2009

Feeling Hot, Hot, HOT!

It was a scorcher today. When I picked the kids up from school I was hot and bothered from rushing away from a busy hospital ward, many jobs left undone. The kids had pink flushed faces and looked like wilting flowers with their heavy school bags on their backs. I knew I needed to call into the local post office to collect a parcel, a job that meant delaying getting home where we could chill out.

There was only one thing for it... bribery!

We drove to our local shops where I bought three ice-creams, sat the kids on a low windowsill and left them cooling down while I went inside the post office to collect the parcel. Not a word of complaint came out of their mouths, they were too busy licking for their lives as the ice creams melted as fast as they could eat them!



I took this photo on my mobile and sent it in a text to Byron. We giggled as we pressed send, imagining him in his office wearing a shirt and suit trousers tapping away on his keyboard. The kids huddled around the phone waiting for the reply... They laughed as it came through...


"Nice !"

They spent the car ride home arguing if he meant it or was being sarcastic. The youngest thinking Dad was genuine but the older two grinning cynically. Oh how quickly they loose their innocence, too much time spent around their mother!

6 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Now I want an ice cream cone but it is only 8:35 am and I'm stuck at work!! :)

     
  2. Gina! It's been raining here for two days. I popped my washing out this morning but alas it's back indoors and draped around the house like a theatre dressing room. Yummy for ice cream, sooo many flavours to choose from. You're a great mum! :)

     
  3. and here I was excited it was 70 degrees here yesterday...better then snow I guess. your kids are just too cute! I love that picture, and I'm sure they loved the ice cream!

     
  4. And so... Was it sarcastic? I would have said.... SWEET

     
  5. By January, I believe I will be moving to Australia.

     
  6. Ooh, I'm loving this! It's actually COLD here. Have fun!