Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Birthday: in glorious muddy detail!

Gareth had such a great birthday. Thank you so much to all the people that remembered him on his special day. He had so many great parcels to open and cards with exciting stamps on. Being the 21st century he also got text messages arriving on my phone and email wishes too! It was a very early start as I was leaving for work at 6.30am. When I stuck out my bedroom door to have my breakfast at 5.30 he was already outside waiting! The next hour was a chaotic frenzy of torn paper and "Wow" "Cool" and "Yahooooo!!!"

Byron and Rhiannon "helped" him to play with his toys for the next couple of hours before it was time for school. At school assembly he was presented with his birthday certificate. He brought in a big tray of cupcakes to share with his class and I picked him up at 2.45. He chose the dinner: Meatballs, spaghetti and garlic bread. Followed of course by the wobbly jelly and custard that I posted in yesterdays blog!

After the food was finished Rhiannon and Gar opened one of his presents and spent the next hour entranced by it. The end result was a kitchen floor covered in terracotta mud....and a dinosaur!  It is deserving of its very own blog post. Feel free to guess what it was. I will post photos tomorrow!

He says it was the best birthday EVER!



2 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Gareth! It was my birthday, too. I ran over a porcupine. The excitement simply never ends, does it?

     
  2. Wow Gareth, I look away and suddenly you're a whole year older! Happy Birthday! Have you any wrinkles yet? :)