Sunday, November 08, 2009

Jacaranda Trees.

When we first came to Australia for my brothers wedding it was November 2003. Everywhere we went we saw magnificent trees covered in purple flowers. When we next stepped off a plane two years later it was October 2005 and again these fabulous trees were everywhere we looked.


We assumed that they were native to Australia and in bloom all the time. Having read my Australian friend Belinda's blog I realise I am not the only one who assumed this! I have since worked out that they are actually native to South and Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean and that they only bloom in Spring!

Every Spring when they bloom it reminds me of the fun of our first visit to Australia and the excitement of our second trip as we began our adventure of creating a new life for our family here Down Under.

6 comments - click here to leave your comment:

  1. Thank you for the lovely up close photos of the Jacaranda Trees. My photos didnt quite capture the amazing purpleness of them!

     
  2. Beautiful flowers!

     
  3. We have jacaranda trees here in Southern California, too. I remember the first year I lived here, how surprised I was when the season changed and the trees turned purple. They are very beautiful, though.

     
  4. Hai friend .thank for sharing information

    INFO MOBIL | INFO ALAT KOMPUTER | INFO ASURANSI | TOKO KOMPUTER

     
  5. They are just beautiful as is your pics!!

     
  6. Love this time of the year, its wonderful to be driving around seeing my favourite tree in bloom and carpeting the ground beneath in purple, wish I had one in my back yard. Lxx